Pray for all the victims of terrorism killed or injured, their families and friends. May they rest in peace.
- TURKEY – A suicide bomber thought to be linked to Islamic State killed 10 tourists and injured at least 15 others in Sultanahmed district, a key tourist area in Istanbul.
- INDONESIA – 8 people, among them 4 civilians, were killed and 34 wounded by gunfire and seven explosions in central Jakarta. Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attacks which included a suicide bombing at a Starbucks near the United Nations building.
- BURKINA FASO – 29 people were killed and more than 50 injured when an AlQaeda-linked terrorist group attacked the Splendid Hotel.
- SYRIA – At least 85 civilians and 50 government troops were killed in an attack by Islamic State on the eastern Syrian city of Deir Ezzor. Unconfirmed reports say that as many as 300 civilians may have been killed in the massacre.
- PAKISTAN: Islamic militants stormed Bacha Khan university in Charsadda, Pakistan’s volatile north-west province and shot dead at least 20 students and teachers, murdering many execution-style with bullets to the head. The number of people killed could increase to 40 as police search buildings where the gunmen conducted their killing spree. The university is just 30 miles from the scene of the Peshawar school massacre in which 132 children were killed 13 months ago.
- AFGHANISTAN: A suicide bomber carried out an attack on Wednesday in an area close to the Russian embassy in the west of the Afghan capital Kabul. At least 10 people were wounded, but there were no confirmed fatalities.